This week has seen some rarer-than-hen’s-teeth mugs surface, and predictably go for big bucks. Just now, a Ren Clark Severed Head mug closed on eBay for a jaw-dropping $1,325. This unusual mug caught most collectors’ eyes in the Book of Tiki. Sven Kirsten has made it known he yearns to find a candid photo of a diner at Ren Clark’s Polynesian Village drinking out of one of these mugs — preferably a woman with a beehive hairdo. Also up for auction is a rare Trader Vic’s glass, the Voodoo Tumbler that was used for serving Voodoo Grog. This specimen from the collection of Doctor Z is in excellent condition, with its golden tiki masks well defined all around the outside of the glass. The Voodoo Grog auction closes Tuesday, October 4.
- Trader Vic’s Voodoo Grog Glass from the Collection of Doctor Z [Ooga-Mooga]
- Ren Clark Severed Head [Ooga-Mooga]
- Ren Clark’s Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare [eBay]
- Trader Vic’s VOODOO TUMBLER Imperial Glass tiki RARE!! [eBay]
- Ren Clark’s Polynesian Village Tiki Mug Headhunter Rare [Tiki Central]
- Trader Vic’s Voodoo Tumbler in PRISTINE condition! [Tiki Central]